It is our optimal goal to provide you and your family with the highest quality of dental care while maintaining a friendly and relaxing environment. To keep our standard of care to a level which best serves your needs, we ask that you take the time to observe our guidelines:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our office is taking the necessary precautions and following protocol recommended by our provincial dental and medical authorities. In order to provide the safest possible environment for our patients and dental professionals, we ask that you observe our new guidelines, as stated below. Please note that as this is an ever-evolving situation, guidelines may change and will be updated as needed.
- Patient screening: when scheduling and confirming an appointment, you will be asked a series of questions regarding your current health condition, which will be recorded in your chart. If, in the past 14 days, you’ve travelled outside of the province, been in close contact with someone who has, or have experienced any possible symptoms of illness, then we ask that you please schedule your appointment at a later date and do not enter the clinic.
- Due to the nature of the normal dental treatment, patients will be required to sign a consent/acknowledgment prior to treatment for the duration of the pandemic. This will be made available to patients electronically prior to their appointment.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, we request that you remain in your vehicle in the parking area until a staff member calls you to enter the building. This is in respect of the social distancing protocol to limit the number of patients in the reception area at any given time. As always, please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Upon entering the clinic, please clean your hands using hand sanitizer provided from the wall-mounted unit to the left of the inside door or at the reception desk. Please do not take a seat, but rather check in with our administrative staff, respecting the designated distancing indicators marked clearly on the floor.
- Patients are required to wear a facial mask while in the clinic. Please arrive for your appointment with one in place. If you do not have your own clean face mask to wear, the clinic will provide a single-use disposable mask for your appointment.
- When you check-in for your appointment, you will again be asked a series of questions regarding your health status. Your temperature will also be taken and recorded via a non-contact thermometer. In the event that there are any indicators that it is not safe to proceed with your appointment, we will have to reschedule you on a waitlist basis for 14 days’ time. To expedite this process, you can fill out the required questionnaire in advance, available on our website and submit it via email or bring it to your appointment.
- To limit patient numbers in our clinic, NO ONE CAN ACCOMPANY YOU TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. Exceptions to this are strictly for minors and infirm patients in which case a single parent/guardian/caregiver can accompany the patient to the appointment (no siblings will be permitted in the case of minors). Any accompanying person will also have a screening questionnaire and temperature recording completed.
- Payment: we are happy to accept Interac, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. We can also bill your primary insurance company directly on your behalf, provided that we have a valid credit card on file for any portion your insurance may not cover. From this point forward, our clinic will no longer accept cash payments or personal cheques.
- In order to keep our patients safe during this time, all staff will be wearing extensive personal protective equipment for all patient treatment. In addition, appointments will be scheduled farther apart to allow for thorough disinfection of treatment rooms and patient contact surfaces. Regrettably, due to these necessary measures, we will be adding a $20.00 surcharge to each appointment until further notice. This fee is the responsibility of the patient, payable at the time of appointment and may or may not be covered by dental insurance plans.
Our new office hours are Monday from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Tuesday to Thursday from 8:20 AM to 5:00 PM, and Friday from 8:20 AM to 4:00 PM, with the exception of holidays and summer vacation.
There are often times when our patients require urgent treatment and, therefore, require an appointment as soon as possible. When patients give the clinic advanced notice of needing to cancel a scheduled appointment, this time, in turn, can be allocated to those patients in need of urgent treatment.
Bearing this in mind, the clinic requires a minimum of 2 working business days notice for cancellation of an appointment. The goal of our clinic is to serve the needs of all patients. Therefore, our policy is that patients wishing to change their commitment to a scheduled appointment must provide sufficient notice. A $25.00 fee may be applied if less than the 2 working business days is given. The clinic reserves the right to dismiss patients at our discretion if missed appointments are an ongoing issue. If dismissal is encountered, we are pleased to transfer patient records to another clinic of the patient’s choosing, provided the patient’s account balance is paid in full.
**Please note that insurance companies do not cover fees for broken appointments. Therefore, payment is the patient’s responsibility, and appointments will not be scheduled until the assessed fee has been paid.
Payment for Patients With/Without Insurance
Unless prior arrangements have been made, payment is due upon completion of treatment. We accept Interac, Mastercard, Visa, and American Express. We no longer accept cash payments. If there are any outstanding charges on your account, payment is expected to be paid in full prior to your next appointment. If full payment is not made, your appointment will be postponed until your account is paid.
As a courtesy to your patient’s, Concept Dental will accept payment from your insurance company for your dental care on your behalf. But please keep in mind the following:
- All details and information concerning your dental plan are provided by you, as well as the responsibility to notify us of any changes in your status regarding your plan immediately.
- Uninsured balances are paid in full on the date of service.
- If your insurance refuses payment for a specific treatment, it is the responsibility of the patient to forward payment and to contact their insurance provider regarding the matter.
- You must have your correct insurance information presented at the time of your appointment. If the insurance is not validating your information or you have forgotten your insurance card, you will be responsible for paying for the treatment in full. You will be provided with an insurance form and receipt so you can contact your provider regarding the issue.
We will require patients to provide the office with a credit card to be put onto their file in order to submit dental claims to their insurance provider. When receiving a payment from your insurance, any outstanding charges not covered will be put through your credit card, and a receipt will be emailed to you.
Please note that not all services may be covered by your insurance provider, and every insurance plan has its own unique “quirks” and exceptions. Our office will do our best to assist our patients in understanding the details of their insurance plan. However, we are limited in the information we can access, and it is ultimately the patient’s responsibility to understand their coverage.
We do not base patient care on their dental benefits.
The cold sore is a very common virus and highly infectious. It is capable of spreading to other parts of the body as well as be transmitted in the air via aerosols commonly produced through normal dental treatment. To better protect the patient and clinician, we must reschedule patients who have an active cold sore, to allow proper healing time. In the event of a cold sore, we ask patients to inform us before their scheduled appointment.
We at Concept Dental look forward to caring for your oral health needs and welcome you and your family to our team of dental professionals!
Please fill out the below patient acknowledgement of COVID-19 form before your appointment.